QLD 2nd March, 4th May
- This exemption is for people who want to work on a domestic commercial vessel without the required certificate of competency.
- You do not need to apply to AMSA for this exemption.
- You will need to keep all the supporting documents on board and ready to be presented to authorities if required.
- are at least 16 years of age
- make a declaration of medical fitness
- hold an approved first aid certificate
- hold at least a Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Australian Communications and Media Authority, or equivalent qualification.
- General training
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- the Yachting Australia–Royal Yachting Association (YA-RYA) Safety and Sea Survival course
- International Sailing Federation Offshore personal survival course.
Certificates and additional training If performing the duties of either:
- the master of a sailing vessel less than or equal to 24 metres long, with operating power less than 75 kilowatts up to 100 nautical miles from shore or
- the mate of a sailing vessel less than or equal to 35 metres long in the Australian Exclusive Economic Zone or the territorial sea.
- You held a Master 5 (Sail) certificate on 30 June 2013.
- You must have completed one of the following courses:
- MARC005—operate inboard and outboard motors (or equivalent)
- YA–RYA Diesel Engine course and the YA Powerboat Handling course
- YA–RYA Diesel Engine course and the RYA Level 2 Powerboat course.
- a YA-RYA Yachtmaster Offshore certificate of competence
- a Yachtmaster Ocean certificate of competence
a YA-RYA Yachtmaster Coastal certificate
a Coxswain (Sail) certificate
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Deposit Amount|